Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 2, Episode 40|
|Written by: Craig Bartlett, Joseph Purdy, & Antoinette Stella|
Story by: Craig Bartlett, Joseph Purdy, & Steve Viksten
|Air date: October 27, 1997|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Arnold's Halloween is a special half-hour episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
- This episode is based on Orson Welles' 1938 radio broadcast The War of the Worlds, which also sent many people into a panic.
- A "Welles Ridge" is mentioned in the episode. Obviously, it is a reference to Orson Welles, who's 1938 radio broadcast is parodied in this episode.
- This is the second episode where Helga yells out "ARRRNOOOOLLD!", the first time was in "Downtown as Fruits." Technically it would also be the third as the first time she yelled out Arnold's name was in the Pilot episode.
- Maurice LaMarche, who voices Big Bob and Douglas Cain, voiced Orson Welles in The Critic episodes "Eyes on the Prize" and "Frankie and Ellie Get Lost." He also dubbed over Vincent D'Onofrio's role as Orson Welles in "Ed Wood".
- The costume and makeup selected by the kids for their hoax are similar to that of the Talosians from Star Trek: The Cage (#1.0) (1966).
- The wheel on the show Big Bob was watching had spaces marked OOPS!, Bye-Bye, No Cigar, New Car, See Ya, Winner, Whole Enchilada, Sucker, Loser, Spin Again, and S.O.L. (the latter of which is an acronym for the phrase "sorta outta luck").
- Big Bob, when perusing the sports section of his newspaper, mentions "Green Bay". This is probably a reference to the Green Bay Packers football team.
- All of the credits (except in the show's opening) are orange instead of the usual yellow.
- This episode aired 4 days before the actual day of Halloween on October 31st.
- This is the only special half-hour episode of Season 2.
- This is one of the few episodes where Helga shows no indication of her love for Arnold.
- In the Shout Factory DVD release of Season 2, the episode is listed as "Operation: Arnold's Halloween", as well as in the Hey Arnold! The Complete Series DVD set.