|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 1, Episode 25|
|Air date: February 10, 1997|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Arnold's Valentine is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Arnold makes a date with Ruth on Valentines' Night, then reads a letter from his French pen pal Cecile that she's coming over the same night (which is really Helga in disguise), and dates are set up at restaurants right across from each other. Arnold finds himself running back and forth between the two restaurants, until the real Cecile decides to surprise Arnold by flying over from France. By the end of the evening, both Helga-as-Cecile and Arnold have formed something of an attraction towards each other; Arnold is disheartened that he will never see 'Cecile' again, whilst being blissfully unaware that he has actually fallen in love with Helga by celebrating Valentine's Day.
- Ruth is voiced by Lacey Chabert. She also starred in Party of Five as Claudia and voiced Eliza in The Wild Thornberrys. She also voiced Meg Griffin during the first season of Family Guy.
- There's no such place as "Baghdakistan". It's a blend between Baghdad, the capital of Iraq, and Pakistan, a country between Afghanistan and India.
- According to Arnold, Cecile lives on a farm in the Loire Valley, France.
- Before they leave, Arnold tells Helga, "We'll always have Chez Paris." This is a reference of the famous line in the 1942 film Casablanca, when Rick says to Ilsa before she leaves him: "We'll always have Paris."
- Arnold keeps one of Helga's shoes. A reference to the story of Cinderella.
- Jamie Mitchell got the directing credit, yet he's not credited as either a storyboard director or an animation director.
- Despite being a Valentine's Day special, the episode aired 4 days before the day itself.
- This is the last episode with Toran Caudell as the voice of Arnold, before Phillip Van Dyke.
- This is one of the first times Arnold kisses Helga.
- This is the first episode where we see Helga with her hair down.
- This is one of the very few episodes where Arnold faces the facts.
- When Peapod Kid is talking, the two other kids in the scene aren't regular characters, but after that, neither Peapod Kid nor the other two kids are in the class anymore.
- Peapod Kid has brown hair in this episode, but usually it's black.
- Nadine has white skin in this episode.
- When Ruth smiles in the first scene, she doesn't have braces on her teeth.
- When Arnold is describing Ruth he says that she has 'soft BROWN eyes that sparkle', but Ruth is regularly show with BLUE eyes.
- PS 118's ZIP code is 96374-0171, which is listed as an Army Post Office code. Also, a number beginning with 96 usually means it's somewhere in the Pacific or Asia.
- Helga's hair ends up going from poofy to being worn down while she is vomiting in the bathroom, even though we never see her change it.
- When Helga is in the restaurant, the man sitting behind her is dressed in white. However, when they show Helga close-up, the same man is suddenly wearing black.
- There's no credit for Carla, the girl Gerald talked to who gave him the brush-off, not even another girl calling out to Ruth at the beginning.
- After Helga runs to the bathroom and before Arnold runs out to re-meet Ruth, he is holding a spoon full of pink food, the same as Helga but, he is eating what looks like brown steak, green peas and white and yellow potatoes.
- Arnold's Valentine (book), based on this episode
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|