|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 5, Episode 87a|
|Written by: Michelle Lamoreaux|
|Air date: January 12, 2001|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Beaned is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
After Arnold accidentally hits Helga on the head with a baseball, she develops amnesia and he takes care of her. Wanting to continue getting Arnold's attention, Helga pretends to have amnesia after she recovers.
As Gerald and Arnold excitedly talk about the game happening two days from now, Rhonda stalls getting off of the bus by complaining about the rain. Arnold offers to share his umbrella with her, leaving Helga getting wet behind them, a book over her head.
Arnold opens the door for Sid and Stinky when their hands are full with carrying their lunch trays. Helga follows right behind them but the door slams on her face when Arnold, not realizing she was there, closes the door.
Harold grunts and heaves as he drags a net full of basketballs behind him. Arnold helps him with it, again not realizing that Helga's in the same predicament. She drops the balls on her foot, and rants about Arnold's selective-kindness and obliviousness to Helga's existence. As she goes on about how she wishes Arnold would notice her for once in his life, the baseball, that Arnold manages to hit, lands on her head and knocks her unconscious.
She wakes up and Arnold asks her if she's alright, which prompts her to ask who's Helga. Arnold tells his classmates that Helga might have amnesia. Feeling entirely responsible for Helga's unfortunate amnesia, he decides to take care of her until she's all better. He makes her hot soup, tucks her into bed, and recites her a chapter from a geography book until she falls asleep.
Helga wakes up without amnesia, and doesn't remember anything about yesterday. Miriam fills her in about how a nice blond boy from her class took care of her. Helga realizes that for Arnold to pay attention to her, she has to continue with the amnesia act, which is basically her being ignorant of everything.
Arnold show up and guides Helga to school. He takes her by the hand, shares his umbrella. gives her a flower when she asked what it was, eats lunch with her, and becomes her geography study buddy. Helga is ecstatic of the attention Arnold showers her with, until it's come to her attention that he's going to sacrifice watching the game with Gerald just so he could take her home. Feeling bad about being so selfish, Helga decides to set him free. So she 'accidentally-on-purpose' slips on a puddle of water and hits her head in the fountain sink.
Arnold helps her up, tells her about the accident, and offers to assist her home. She brushes him off and tells him that he doesn't have to help her cause she's fine. Arnold tells her that he doesn't have to, but he wants to make sure she's okay. Helga thanks him, and Arnold walks her home.
- When Arnold reads to Helga about the six New England states, he said they were Connecticut, Maine and Massachusetts. Helga then falls asleep, the others he was going to say were New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- Helga rants about sending Arnold "to a galaxy far, far away", a reference to the opening line of the Star Wars movies.
- When Helga has one of her monologues about Arnold in the school yard, she picks up a flower and picks the petals off one by one, but she never picks the last petal, as it would be a "he loves me".
- Arnold sharing his umbrella with Helga mirrors the flashback scene in Helga on the Couch, where a preschool aged Arnold held an umbrella over Helga after meeting her for the first time, and complimented her on her bow.
- While Helga pretends to have amnesia, she calls Arnold many names. These include:
- She also calls Harold by the name of Cheryl.
- When Arnold shares his umbrella with Rhonda there is no rain but when Helga walks off the rain appears.
- After Arnold and Helga return to the school while Helga is faking having amnesia, Arnold seems to magically know Helga's locker combination.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|