Benchwarmer is an episode of Hey Arnold!.
Arnold, Gerald, Stinky, and Robert are on the YMMA's basketball team, and Coach Wittenberg teaches the team to always pass the ball to his son Tucker. Arnold teaches Tucker how to do free-throw shots, only to find he still hogs all the credit.
- James Belushi, the brother of the late original Saturday Night Live cast member John Belushi, is the voice of Coach Wittenberg.
- The players on Arnold's team are Tucker, Gerald, Stinky, "Robert" (blonde kid with the glasses that appears in other episodes, usually in a green shirt), Lamar, Frankie, and Ravi.
- Grandpa wanted to join the circus as a kid, as a trapeze artist. Instead, the only circus job he had was cleaning up after the elephants for 13 years.
- This episode aired almost a month before the basketball movie Space Jam, starring Michael Jordan, was released in theaters.
- YMMA could be a reference to the world organization YMCA
- Coach Wittenberg mistakenly things that Canadian bandleader Guy Lombardo originally said, "There is no 'I' in team." He may have been thinking of Vince Lombardi, even though he probably was not the originator of the phrase either.
- Stinky speaks again after 16 episodes since Field Trip.
- There is a rule that prevents players from wearing hats in basketball, so Arnold shouldn't be allowed to wear his during a game.
- The names for the Green and Yellow teams' players are the same.
- The players are listed by first name on the scoreboard, and their numbers aren't listed, so there's no way of telling which player is which.
- No credit is given to the boy who claims Tucker is faking his injury.
- Arnold is way off on the number of dots on the basketball. The actual estimate is around 35,000, which is way more than 9,366.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|