|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 2, Episode 31b|
|Air date: October 19, 1997|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
- Layout designer Caesar Martinez was credited as "Big Caesar Martinez" because the fish itself is, in fact, a caricature of Caesar Martinez.
- The Fishing Contest celebrates the clean-up of the City Lake.
- This episode marks the first time Arnold is aware of the boarding house’s “Fishing Room”.
- Phil tried to catch Big Caesar in the past, on an October morning.
- According to Phil, he is 80 years old in this episode.
- Phil owns an autographed photo of Austro-American starlet Hedy Lamarr. As seen in the episode "Veterans Day", Phil has had this autographed photo since at least WWII.
- This episode is similar to an episode of The Simpsons where Homer goes after a giant catfish. That episode was animated by Tuck Tucker.
- When Arnold and Gerald come back to the docks, Helga remarks: "Why if it isn't the Skipper and Gilligan", a reference to Gilligan's Island
- Phoebe makes a non-speaking cameo while her is name is being mentioned.
- Helga's boat is named "Olga I."
- The pyramid hat that Stinky wears resembles the symbol of the Green Eyes.
- The eyes of Big Caesar blink and move, but the eyes of a fish cannot actually do this in reality.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|