|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 3, Episode 52b|
|Air date: November 2, 1998|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Cool Party is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Rhonda holds a party for only cool kids, and Arnold is invited, but almost every other kid is on a geek list which upset them.
After going to Rhonda's cool party, Arnold shortly leaves because all they do there is listen to Rhonda's stories. After leaving, he is placed on the geek list. Arnold decides to hang with the rest of the kids and sees them throwing rocks at a dumpster can. Arnold explains the party sucked, but they are still mad at Rhonda for not invinting them and putting them on her geek list. They want to do something about it and Harold proclaims that the kids should crash their party and eat all of their food. Helga says that they should dump manure on Rhonda's doorstep. Curly instead wants to paint in tiger stripes and free all the zoo animals. Helga says yes just to get rid of Curly.
Arnold decides to hold a geek party on the boarding house roof. The guests at the cool party leave the party — and the cool list — to go to the geek party. When Nadine she decides to go to Arnold's party, Rhonda puts her on the geek list. Before leaving Rhonda by herself, Nadine points out to her that since she crossed everybody off the cool list, she is only cool kid left. Rhonda eventually shows up to the geek party and proclaims that she wants to be a geek, but only for tonight. At the closing of the episode, it is revealed that Curly actually did free all the zoo animals, as we see him among a stampede outside of Arnold's house.
Rhonda's Cool and Geek list
- In the episode "Hey Harold!", Rhonda's invitation referred to herself as "Ms. Rhonda Lloyd"; these say "Miss Rhonda Wellington Lloyd".
- Curly’s dad cuts his hair with a bowl.
- Rhonda says "You're a bold kid" to Arnold, which is Gerald's line.
- On the list, the "i" in Nadine's name is dotted with a heart, and Connie's with a flower, but the other I's (Maria, Katrinka, Stinky, Sid) are dotted normally.
- On the right hand corner of the list next to the title "Geek," there is a small caricature of Gerald.
- Rhonda has a second cousin who lives in England.
- When Rhonda is mocking the "Geeks" at her party, she says of Stinky, "Where did he learn English, Green Acres?". Green Acres was actually a sitcom that ran from 1965-71, centered on a New York City attorney and his wife adjusting to life in the country.
- This is the first time Peapod Kid is mentioned by his "name".
- Some people are not listed on either list at all. These people include: Helga, Brainy, Phoebe, Park, Lila, and Curly.
- Gerald voice was lowering down during this episode due to his voice actor Jamil going thru puberty.
- There is a Hey Arnold! Nicksclusive that shows the actors voicing the part of this episode when Eugene says "none of us bite off chicken heads, well, except Curly" and Curly says "and that was just the one time!". It shows Craig Bartlett saying these two lines as well.
- Park got an invitation, even though he wasn't on the cool list; also, Helga, Phoebe, Brainy, and Curly weren't on the geek list.
- Peapod Kid, Sheena, Brainy went uncredited in this episode, although the actors involved had other credited roles. One of them, Anndi McAfee, did the voice of the girl leaving the party from Rhonda's house, despite the fact that she was only credited as Phoebe.
- When Curly suggests they free the animals at the zoo the scene changes to the school playground when they show Stinky, Harold and Eugene.
- Maria and Connie are sixth graders; why were they invited to Rhonda's party?
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|