|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Crush on Teacher|
|Season 2, Episode 21b|
|Air date: December 14, 1997|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Crush on Teacher is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
A pretty substitute teacher named Miss Felter takes over the class. Arnold develops a crush on her quickly: he scribbles her name on his Math homework, daydreams about her inviting him out for a milkshake after being flattered by his homework, and is so distracted the next day that he misses the bus and runs several blocks after a car he believes is Miss Felter's. At school, he believes he sees signs that Miss Felter returns his affections: she chooses to read them a romantic poem written by a man named Matthew Arnold, and keeps calling on Arnold himself (his romantic fantasies, including one where Miss Felter hands him his A+ marked Math homework in a wedding dress, continuosly get him distracted). He tells Gerald all about his ideas, but his friend is skeptical until he overhears her talking about a dinner she has planned for "Arnold".
Gerald dresses Arnold up for his supposed dinner, teaches him lines so things will be a success, and tells him to watch out for signs of Miss Felter aiming for serious compromise. He also provides him with a walkie-talkie in case he needs help, and Arnold heads for Miss Felter's house. As the signs Gerald told him to look out for manifest (elegant dress, candles and romantic music), Arnold gets increasingly nervous, and has to hide in the bathroom. Feeling he is in over his head, he begs Gerald to help him escape (Gerald doesn't respond as he is occupied by cats): however, the doorbell rings then and in comes Arnold Schletter, Miss Felter's fiancé and the Arnold she meant when speaking of her dinner. Miss Felter tells him that she and Schletter will be getting married in May, and that she believes there was some confusion involved that night: she tells him that she likes him nonetheless, and to continue being himself. Sad but a little relieved, Arnold collects Gerald from the alley and goes home, as Arnold Schletter is heard using one of the lines Gerald and Arnold had rehearsed earlier.
- The side of Miss Felter's apartment building has a billboard for "Lowtwait Natural Waters". Steve Lowtwait is a layout designer for the show.
- This episode was originally going to be in Season 1 but was held over for some unknown reason.
- Nothing in this episode said about Miss Slovak being sick.
- When Miss Felter writes her name on the board, it says "Miss. Felter". However, "Miss" is not an abbreviation, so there shouldn't be a period after it.
- While doing his homework, Arnold turns the answer 11 into the letter M, which he then continues as "Miss Felter." However, when he turns every answer into "Miss Felter," the M's have become cursive, and rounded instead of straight.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|