|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Dinner for Four|
|Season 4, Episode 62a|
|Written by: Steve Viksten|
|Air date: March 31, 1999|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Dinner For Four is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
After seeing Arnold praise Lila as being sophisticated, Helga decides to invite him, Gerald and Phoebe for some fine dining at Chez Paris so she can show Arnold her more sophisticated side. At dinner things go according to plan until the check arrives and she realizes her coupon is for a free dinner at Chez Pierre, a different restaurant. In an attempt to stall for time, Helga orders more food, running up the tab well after everyone's had their fill.
Desperate, she calls Nadine, asking her to deliver a box of cockroaches to the restaurant. When the roaches are unleashed in the restaurant, Helga finally finds her way out of paying the bill. On their way home Arnold learns of Helga's scheme and tries to convince her to go back to the restaurant and explain what happened. After a little resistance, Helga and her friends find themselves back at Chez Paris washing dishes in order to pay the bill. Arnold comments that Helga's decision to "do the right thing" was pretty sophisticated. Interestingly enough, at the end of the episode, Arnold playfully sprays Helga with the dish sprayer, and winks. It is one of the many times that Arnold shows that he may have some feelings, albeit complex feelings, for Helga.
- Lila has taken ballet lessons for 2 years.
- The Chez Paris menu is in French.
- Both Chez Pierre and Chez Paris appear in the episode "Arnold's Valentine".
- This is the second time Helga gets Chez Pierre and Chez Paris mixed up, the first time was in "Arnold's Valentine".
- This is the only episode where Nadine has a more significant role than Rhonda (who doesn't appear in the episode). Every other Nadine appears in, she's either just a satellite character to Rhonda, or she and Rhonda have equally significant roles.
- At the restaurant, the A for Cleanliness sign isn't on the window the whole time until the scene Helga notices it. After that, it's not there again.
- When Helga comes back to the table from the phone, the table is shown to only have 4 plates with fish on it. Immediatly after that when Helga is yelling at the waiter the table is shown to be covered with dirty plates including the fish they were just served.
- The police come into the restaurant and shut it down because they find cockroaches but, they cannot because they do not work at the Health Department.