Eating Contest is an episode of Hey Arnold!.
Once again it is time for the annual eating contest, but Arnold doesn't really intend on participating. Grandpa explains to him that it is a question of honor and tradition and until now every member of the family has won in an eating contest. Grandpa tells Arnold the story of how he won the contest in 1929 but, Arnold is still not convinced into willingly entering the contest. In the end Grandpa leaves him no choice, having taken bets on Arnold from the whole city already.
The next day in school during lunchtime, Gerald talks about entering the eating contest, but Helga says that Arnold, Gerald, Harold, and Stinky will have no chance of winning anyway because of a boy from P.S. 119 who can eat anything. Arnold, Gerald, Harold and Stinky decide to check it out for themselves — and they find Seymour. Nicknamed the Disposal they see him through the window of an ice cream parlor and the boys can see why Seymour got his nickname. Arnold decides to tell Grandpa that he won't participate, but when he enters the room and hears him say in his sleep that it is his greatest wish to see Arnold win, Arnold changes his mind and decides to enter the contest — when Arnold leaves the room, Grandpa opens his eyes and says "my fake nap trick worked perfectly". Arnold comes back in and Grandpa tells Arnold he just woke up and its time for his training to start, Arnold tells Grandpa, "OK Grandpa, lets do it".
The next morning Arnold's training begins. He learns to eat large amounts while pacing himself.
Eventually the big day has come and in preparation Grandpa forbids Arnold from eating anything until the contest except drinking water. Grandpa is shocked when he sees the Disposal for the first time tilting back meatballs on a tray into his mouth and recommends Arnold to give up, but Arnold is now determined to win. The contest starts with tacos, Harold eats too fast and can't eat a third taco from El Patio. Grandma's bell peppers are too much for Stinky. The Souvlaki coming from Gino's Souvlaki Stand is all Sid can't eat. Brainy falls off his chair when Mrs. Johanssen's Special Caesar salad is served. Finally Curly collapses because of Mr. Green's Garlic Kielbasa and only Arnold and Seymour remain. Then the last course is served: Ice cream from the Jolly Olly Man. Arnold is on the verge of giving up but suddenly Seymour, who had already eaten a lot before the contest, stops eating and collapses — with one final bite, Arnold wins the eating contest.
- Up until now, the voice of Gerald was credited as "Jamil W. Smith"; in this episode, it's "Jamil Smith".
- Helga was nowhere to be seen at the contest before she makes her comment about Grandma's peppers, and then she disappears again.
- Harold flees from the contest tent, characteristically crying for his mother, but both of his parents are seated in the audience.
- At the Block Party Food Festival, Katrinka puts ketchup on her hot dog out of a yellow bottle, but the yellow bottle is for mustard.
- Sid had no hair in the gap of his hat when he was wearing boxing gloves.
- When Grandpa saw Seymour eating before the contest, Seymour's color was different
- In one shot, Joey was seen where Harold eats, but in the next shot of Stinky he was seen again.
| This page uses content from HeyArnold.TwoToasts.de maintained by BlaueKatze.|
The original page was "Eating Contest".
This article needs expansion. But, with a little cultivation, it could become a virtual paradise. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Article stubs task category.