Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 4, Episode 66a|
|Written by: Joseph Purdy|
|Air date: October 30, 1999|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Headless Cabbie is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Arnold tells an urban legend about a decapitated taxi driver. The gang goes out, only to find the details in the story are becoming real.
During a sleepover, Arnold tells the legend of the Headless Cabbie to Gerald, Sid, Stinky, and Harold. A hundred years ago, a cabbie was driving his carriage through the park when a mysterious lady stopped him and asked him to find her lost Scotty dog. She offers her scarf to the Cabbie who accepts.
As they chase the dog through the park, they come across a man with a golden hook for an arm who just misses them. As the chase continues, the woman grows more and more demonic and as they pass under a low branch, the Cabbie's scarf wraps around it and decapitates him, thus turning him into the Headless Cabbie who now haunts the park on some autumn nights.
The other kids (expect Harold) don't believe Arnold's story until they decide to go get some ice cream and go into the park as a shortcut. They come across the same Scotty dog from the story as well as hearing some horses walking (but turn out to be Eugene practing his clog dancing) and the man with a golden hook for an arm (who in actuallity, is just a watch salesman). Eventually they come face-to-no-face with the Headless Cabbie and the horrible Ghost Lady themselves, who turn out to be just Ernie and Mr Hyunh .
The kids are brought back home and Ernie is just about to take off when he's stopped by a mysterious lady asking him to find her dog.
- The Headless Cabbie is a reference to the Headless Horseman from the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
- The Tale of Monkey Cat is a reference to the infamous scene from the 1986 remake of The Fly where the main character use a baboon and a cat for a teleportation experiment, which results in a freak accident with the animals becoming a deformed monster, which then attacks him before he killed the abomination with a metal pipe.
- Eugene takes clog-dancing lessons.
- Gerald's shirt collar always changes from white to red.
- Harold's sleeping bag turned from red to green, disappeared, and then keeps changing colors between green and red.
- Stinky's slippers are white when Arnold first tells it's the tale of the Headless Cabbie.
- Steve Viksten was credited as voicing Oskar, yet Oskar doesn't appear in this episode.
- When Mr.Hyunh first shows it's him, his glasses are more thick than usual
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|