Helga's Love Potion is an episode of Hey Arnold!.
Helga gets tired of her love for Arnold making her feel mad and mixed up all the time. After considering it, she goes in to a "gypsie's" store, asking her for a potion that will make her fall out of love. Out of her sight, the gypsy pours some grape juice into a heart-shaped bottle, instructing her to drink it before bed. That night, Helga delivers a last speech about her love for Arnold, after which she drinks the potion. She falls asleep and has a dream in which she runs across a dark space filled with little multicolored hearts that flock around her, eventually leading her to an enlarged version of her locket (in which she keeps a picture of Arnold): as she races towards it, the path fails and she falls. Upon waking, Helga feels unusually bland.
She attends school, where her unusually subdued behavior calls a lot of attention. She moves quietly about the day, not responding to any aggression. When asked to read a piece of her writing, which Mr. Simmons seemed eager to hear, Helga comes up with a boring recount of her morning, a far cry for her usually impassioned writings. She runs into Arnold in the halls: this would have usually prompted an angry outburst at how much the collision was Arnold's fault entirely, so much that he is reasonably surprised when Helga merely gets herself up and tells him she simply wasn't paying attention. He asks why she hasn't martyrized him lately, to which she briefly states that she doesn't feel like it. After Arnold leaves, Brainy pops up behind Helga, expecting her to hit him between the eyes as she always does: when she turns, remarks on how she hadn't noticed him there and calmly leaves, Brainy is so overcome by the lack of punching that he does it himself.
As Helga makes her way home, she passes through the park: whereas she'd seen football shapes in the clouds, the signs and the water, she now sees the world exactly as it appears. Suddenly frustrated with her lack of emotion, she runs back to the "gypsy", begging her to revert the effects. The woman laughingly explains that the potion was a fraud. Helga, realizing, demands a refund at first, but quickly feels impassioned again and runs out of the shop, kissing Brainy on her way home in her glee (Brainy immediately faints). On the way, she bumps into Arnold, telling him to watch where he's going, then secretly sighs in love while marching home.
- The palm on the front door of Madame Blanche's shop has four fingers, which continues the "everybody has four fingers" joke.
- When Helga first enters Madame Blanche's shop, the "crystal ball" appears to have some sort of "live-action" cloud effect.
- Helga doesn't have an alarm clock.
- Connie and Burt from the episode "6th Grade Girls" are in the school hallway in the scene after Helga reads her "indifferent" poem.
- Helga and Arnold like tapioca pudding.
- There's a sports radio station broadcasting on 1340AM.
- Helga has 14 volumes of Arnold-related poetry.
- When Helga runs into Arnold at the end of the episode, she passes the law office that was shown in the episode "Helga's Makeover".
- This is one of the few episodes where Helga uses the word "crap."
- Helga's dream just after she drinks the "love potion" to make her "fall out of love" with Arnold is slightly reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland as Alice falls through the rabbit hole.
- This is the second of two episodes to air in 3D Nogglevision, Nickelodeon's week-long event where viewers can experience their favorite shows in Chromadepth 3D.
- When Helga goes into her closet she has quite a few different dresses, but the one she always wears isn't there.
This article needs expansion. But, with a little cultivation, it could become a virtual paradise. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Article stubs task category.