Helga Blabs It All is an episode of Hey Arnold!.
While medicated on laughing gas, Helga calls Arnold and leaves an embarrassing message on his answering machine. When the laughing gas wears off, she realizes what she did and goes on a mission to delete the message before Arnold hears it, but it won't be easy.
While at the dentist Helga has to get a filling. She inhales nitrous oxide (laughing gas) as an anesthetic. After the treatment for 20 minutes Helga still is a little euphoric because of the gas, and tells the doctor and all the people in the waiting room of her love for Arnold. When she sees a phone, she comes up with the idea of Arnold and calls him to confess her love. Arnold does not pick up the phone, and her confession is recorded by the answering machine. Just as her confession is said aloud, the effect of nitrous oxide disappears, and Helga is panicking.
At the moment Arnold comes home from the baseball game. He tells Grandpa that in half an hour his friends arrive to them. Helga has also arrived and feverishly thinks about how she could get the tape from the answering machine. At that moment Helga meets Camp Fire Lass who's selling chocolate turtles. Helga leads her into a dark alley and takes away the girl's uniform and the chocolate turtles. After dressing into the uniform, Helga rings the doorbell of the boarding house. Grandpa opens it and he calls for Arnold, who comes to the door and asks him if he wants to buy the turtles. While Grandpa isn't looking, Helga rushes into the boarding house and hides in a grandfather clock. Grandpa gets confused and walks away.
After Arnold and Gerald have gone upstairs, Helga climbs back out of the clock and runs to the phone downstairs. She's disappointed, because the phone does not have an answering machine. Just then Mr. Hyunh comes from the bathroom next to her and asks what she's doing. Helga explains to him that she's a student of a telephone school and that she checks the wires. Mr. Hyunh thinks it's very strange, but he buys her explanation. When the path is clear, Helga sneaks upstairs.
She sees the answering machine and almost manages to grab the tape, when Arnold and Gerald enter the hallway. Helga's barely in time to hide in the dumbwaiter shaft, and from it she gets into the ventilation shaft, just above the answering machine. Hanging on a rope she tries to get to the answering machine, when suddenly Arnold comes into the hallway together with a bunch of his friends. They stand in the hallway to test Stinky's new glider plane. Helga can't wait too long, so she picks out her cellphone and calls Phoebe. She asks Phoebe to catch the Jolly Olly Man on his daily route and talk to him into stopping his truck in front of the boarding house. Phoebe does what she's told to do.
After the boys run away to buy ice cream, Helga tries to steal the tape again. However, Grandma comes along to mop the hallway and Helga barely manages to hide in the ventilation shaft. Grandma sees the incoming call and plays the tape. She then writes down a note.
When the boys appear, Grandma tells that a young lady had called for Arnold. Helga thinks her darkest secret is about to be revealed. But Grandma says that she had a call from Helen of Troy who was selling a fruit drink of passion. Arnold is surprised and goes to his friends in his room. When all are gone, Helga caused to get the dangled-rope wedged and she finally gets the tape, and retreats to the ventilation shaft. Now all she has to do is to get out of the boarding house. It climbs from the ventilation shaft into the attic and attempts to swing into the window using a rope. However, she slips and lands on Arnold's pivoting sofa, which snaps into action and brings her into the center of Arnold's room.
Many boys are there, and they stare at in shock. Without a word, Helga slowly walks from the room — and the boys resume their discussion as if they have not seen anything unusual.
Helga runs from the boarding house and thinks it's over now, when she's spotted by the Campfire Lass and her 5 mates, and they start to chase her down the street.
- Phoebe appears, but doesn't have any lines in this episode.
- The Camp Fire Lass from the episode "Field Trip" appears in this episode. She also appears in the episode "Chocolate Turtles."
- The boarding house's clocks say either 4:05 or 1:20.
- The title of the episode is a parody of another Nickelodeon show, Clarissa Explains It All.
- In Nick.com's "Top 100 Greatest Moments In Nicktoon History," this episode was ranked #89.
- According to the X-ray, two of Helga's teeth have giant holes in them. Helga should have been writhing in pain.
- Nobody received credit for the dentist's voice.
- The dental hygienist's hair changes color from red to brown.
- When Grandma plays back Helga's message, the answering machine tone is different than when Helga made her call and got the machine.
- Before Helga showed in Arnold's room, Gerald had an ice cream cone, but while and after she left, Gerald had a chocolate popsicle.
- Arnold's Grandma had trouble remembering the message for Arnold when she told him about it, even though she could have just played the message over. This may be due to Grandma's somewhat unhinged way of thinking.
- Sid and Park are not next to Harold when Helga steps over Robert.
- One of the Campfire Lass's mates was not chasing Helga, and another one's hair changed from yellow to red.
- This episode is erroneously listed on Hulu as "Helga Blabs All".
| This page uses content from HeyArnold.TwoToasts.de maintained by BlaueKatze.|
The original page was "Helga Blabs It All".
This article needs expansion. But, with a little cultivation, it could become a virtual paradise. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Article stubs task category.