|Character of Hey Arnold!|
|Occupation||4th Grade Student|
|Family||Father Mr. Sawyer|
|Best friends||Olga Pataki|
|Relationships||Arnold( former crush)|
|Voiced by||Ashley Buccille|
Lila Sawyer is a fictional character in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Lila is, as Helga puts it, "little miss perfect". She's as smart as Phoebe, as stylish as Rhonda, and the most popular girl with the boys. At first, the other girls were jealous, but when they learned about her humble, disadvantaged home life, they began to sympathize with her.
Helga would later dislike Lila again in the episode "Arnold & Lila", even though it would be the result of her own actions. Lila decided that she likes Arnold after finding "Arnold & Lila" written on an alley wall while walking home from school. Arnold himself would later like her back; however, Lila reveals she doesn't "like him like him".
In the episode "School Play", she is assigned the penultimate understudy, making her the last person Helga has to get through in order to play Juliet opposite Arnold as Romeo. However, all of her attempts to get Lila to quit fail. Lila suddenly begins to hint she knows why Helga wants to play Juliet, and says she would be willing to quit if Helga admitted she liked Arnold. Helga confesses her love for Arnold, and Lila willingly relinquishes the part. This makes Lila one of only four other people to know Helga's secret; the others being Dr. Bliss, Phoebe and possibly Brainy, and is possibly the biggest reason why she only "likes" Arnold.
In the episode "Timberly Loves Arnold", Timberley asks Arnold "did anyone ever really hurt your feelings" and Arnold sadly looks at Lila. After Arnold gets turned down again by Lila at the end of the episode, he finally decides that he is through with trying to get Lila to "like him, like him".
Lila did make an appearance in Hey Arnold!: The Movie. However, she did not play a huge role in the film. It was also unlikely that she would have made an appearance in Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie as she was never mentioned in the any of the pre-production material.
- In the episode "Weird Cousin", we learn she does not like scary movies.
- In the episode "Love And Cheese", we learn Lila can't swim and that she's allergic to stuffed animals.
- In the episode "Eugene, Eugene!" (which is her favorite musical) she shows she's a good, if plain, singer.
- In the episodes "Love and Cheese" and "Timberly Loves Arnold" she gets sick on roller coasters.
- In the episode Big Sis, Lila and Olga Pataki evidently have similar personalities and interests. They have a tickle fight and both are very ticklish.
- In her first four appearances, her hair was red. Starting with the episode " Love and Cheese", her hair is brown.
- In personality, she may be inspired by Becky Thatcher from, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", by Mark Twain. Her last name also may be a reference to Tom Sawyer.
- She has a tendency to add the words "ever so" to just about every sentence she speaks.
- Despite her kindness and sweetness in just about every episode, in the last episode, Phoebe's Little Problem, Lila makes a rude and bored face with the other kids while Phoebe is giving a speech. This is explained by Craig Bartlett in his chat hosted by Salvemos a Arnold Latinomerica, he says "the truth is, the writers didn't think about them, just the main story...and the artists may draw them looking bored for example and the fans are all: hey, they don't even care about Phoebe!".
- Ms. Perfect (First appearance)
- Gerald's Tonsils (no cues)
- Arnold & Lila
- School Play
- Dinner for Four
- Phoebe Skips
- Helga's Parrot
- Love and Cheese
- It Girl
- Weird Cousin
- Synchronized Swimming (no cues)
- Helga's Masuerade
- Big Sis
- Arnold Visits Arnie
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|