Magic Show is an episode of Hey Arnold!.
During Arnold's magic show, he makes Helga disappear by putting her in a box, but Helga sneaks out. After running into a post and knocking herself out, she has a dream that she really disappeared, and no one missed her.
- This episode is a parody of the famous movie "It's a Wonderful Life" but the plot is backward since its show people are better off if Helga disappeared.
- Arnold uses the last names of animated characters in his spells. These include Ned Flanders (The Simpsons), Elmer Fudd (Looney Tunes), Gerald McBoing-Boing, Snidley Whiplash (Dudley Do-Right), Dick Dastardly (Wacky Races and Flying Machines), Dudley Do-Right, Mr Burns (The Simpsons) and Barney Rubble (The Flintstones).
- According to episode writer Glen Gold, the original spell was, "Wolf, Abzug, Steinem, Faludi Helga come back and shake your booty!" Naomi Wolf, Bella Abzug, Gloria Steinem, and Susan Faludi are feminists.
- Big Bob's birthday is on the same day as Arnold's magic show.
- Effects of People if Helga was gone:
- Big Bob: Gave up selling beepers, plays the harp, and is happy being with Miriam.
- Miriam: Sober, Cheerful, and is happy being with Big Bob.
- Phoebe: Having a new best friend; Gloria.
- Arnold: Famous Magician, engaged to Ruth P. McDougal.
- The talk show host in Helga's fantasy is based on late night stalwart Johnny Carson.
- Miriam tells Helga to "bring in the mail", but there's a mail slot in the door, so the mail is already "in".
- The address of the boarding house, according to Arnold's fliers, is 4040 Vine Street, but in the episode "Sally's Comet" it's 4040 Vineland.
- In the scene with Phoebe and Gloria, the top part of Phoebe's hair turns yellow in some scenes, making it look as if Phoebe is wearing a cap of some sort.
- Nadine's hair was brown when the crowd was cheering that Helga reappeared.
By Sherm Cohen
This article needs expansion. But, with a little cultivation, it could become a virtual paradise. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Article stubs task category.