Nocturnal Ned, or Nashville Ned, is a fictional character in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
He is the radio DJ for jazz station MJZZ in various episodes and country music station KDUDE ("Mr. Hyunh Goes Country"). Apparently, he has to work both the morning ("Heat", "Snow") and night ("Sally's Comet") shows, but he does have enough free time in the afternoon to watch baseball games ("Rich Guy"). In "Phoebe Breaks a Leg", he is also shown to be a doctor.
In an interview, Craig Bartlett mentioned that Nashville Ned's appearance is based on himself.
- There appears to be an occasional running gag where everytime Arnold and Gerald have to ask Nashville Ned for a request to air a request or song on the radio he says it is a great idea but politely declines because he cannot work around the system, only for him to drop his donut and during this time of distraction Arnold and Gerald manage to get their request or song through without Ned knowing.
- Ned appears to be able to change his voice and tone depending on the type of music station he plays.
- Ned has stated in "Sally's Comet" that the MJZZ station is the most popular music station in town, which appears to be true because in "Sally's Comet" when Arnold and Gerald made an announcement for everyone in town to turn off their lights so they could all see Haley's comet, it worked.
- On November 18, 2016, Craig Bartlett posted a concept sketch on Instagram depicting Ned, however he is referred as just "Craig".
- 24 Hours to Live
- Big Sis
- Career Day
- Grandpa's Packard
- Hey Arnold! The Movie
- Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie (presumably)
- Mr. Green Runs
- Mr. Hyunh Goes Country
- Phoebe Breaks a Leg
- Pre-Teen Scream
- Rich Guy
- Sally's Comet
- The Flood
This article needs expansion. But, with a little cultivation, it could become a virtual paradise. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Article stubs task category.