Operation Ruthless is an episode of Hey Arnold!.
Helga finds out about Arnold's love for Ruth and his plan is to meet her at the Annual Cheese Fair, and Helga makes sure Ruth will never meet him, in a plan known as "Operation Ruthless". But her plan backfires.
- According to Simon Singh's book, The Code Book: The Evolution of Secrecy from Mary, Queen of Scots to Quantum Cryptography, Ian Fleming developed his own "Operation Ruthless", which was a plan during World War II to capture German navy code books by dressing British pilots as Germans, having them crash a captured German plane into the English Channel, and then stealing the books from the German ship which came to "rescue" them. (It never actually happened, as on the day it was planned, there were no German ships in the Channel.)
- One of the "Save The Jungle Movie" campaigns is named after this episode. The "Operation Ruthless" campaign encourages people make videos of themselves talking about why "The Jungle Movie" should be made and other Hey Arnold! related topics.
- The Cheese Festival would later reappear in "Love and Cheese". Coincidentally, both these episodes have to do with Helga sabotaging Arnold's date
- The scene where Harold and Rhonda are seen entering the tunnel of love, is later referenced in Egg Story. However, it is possible that the event referred to in Egg Story may be a similar scene in Love and Cheese.
- In a Q&A with Craig Bartlett, it was revealed that there was a sequence cut from the beginning of the episode where Arnold daydreams about being trapped in a giant love themed pinball machine with a gigantic pinball chasing after him and Helga and Ruth pictured on the machine's playfield in different areas.
- It seems that the only people not trying to rig the "mystery" Tunnel of Love is Ruth. So why was she in line in the first place?
- Ruth and Nadine are not in the credits for this episode.
- When Phoebe and Helga are in "car 4" and viewed from above, Phoebe's legs are jet black.
- It seems as though Arnold is first learning of Ruth in this episode, even though he already knew about her in "The Little Pink Book".
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|