|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Phoebe's Little Problem|
|Season 5, Episode 94a|
|Air date: June 8, 2004|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Phoebe's Little Problem is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
This is the final episode in the 8 years of Hey Arnold! (though it was not intended to be), as Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie, was still in production at this point.
Phoebe is given a Perfect Attendance award at P.S. 118. After eating several of Arnold's prune cookies on the bus to school, she accidentally "cuts the cheese" into a microphone while accepting her award. Ironically, she vows never to return to school after facing such humiliation.
Mr. Simmons, Stinky, Rhonda, Arnold, and Helga, among other offscreen classmates all try to cheer Phoebe up, but she feels even more embarrassed ever since Stinky said his poem's last line which was; "On account'a y'farted." Eventually, Arnold tells Phoebe that she had to face her problem head-on.
Taking Arnold's advice, Phoebe gives a speech in the auditorium, acknowledging that she farted, but stating that she is not just "that girl who farted", and that she is "much more than that." After Phoebe ends her speech, Harold stands up and begins mocking her, and ends up laughing so that he wets his pants. This incident takes the attention away from Phoebe and transfers it to Harold. The episode ends with Phoebe smiling and leaning back in her seat, with the class laughing.
- Although originally intended to be before the season finale "The Journal", it eventually became the last episode of the series.
- Gerald's voice actor, Jamil Walker Smith, left the cast after the episode Gerald vs. Jamie O, as he had hit puberty by this point. As a result, he doesn't speak at all in this episode. However, it's rumoured that he did speak in a deleted scene involving Mr. Simmons and Helga. His reference from "Gerald's Tonsils" is also mentioned.
- The background music for "Never Let Go Of Hope" from "Stuck in a Tree" is played before Phoebe farts.
- Mr. Simmons constantly breaks the fourth wall, and he says "what do you say we join the class and the rest of the school and forget about what just happened and put this little episode behind us forever? Let’s move on and make a brand new fart." ((He was meaning to say "start".))
- The last line of the series is by Harold, who off-screen is running out of the auditorium crying and says "Oh no!"
- This is the final episode of season 5 along with "Grandpa's Packard".