|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 4, Episode 62b|
|Air date: March 31, 1999|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Phoebe Skips is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Phoebe's grades are good enough for her to advance to the 6th grade, but the 6th grade girls began to use her by taking her money and making her do their homework, while Helga is left looking for another sidekick. Soon a girl named Siobhan joined the class and said that she been promoted from the 3rd grade. At lunch Phoebe wants to sit with the 6th grade girls, but they tell her they wont need her "services" anymore because they are going to use Siobhan, which shocks Phoebe since she thought that they where friends. She runs to the bathroom in tears. Arnold sees Helga and asks her how the sidekick search was going, to which Helga lies - saying that it is going great. Still in the bathroom, Phoebe is in a stall crying and takes off the fuzzy bracelet the 6th grade girls gave her. She hears Helga regretting how she never treated Phoebe as an equal and not supporting her. Phoebe hears this and tells Helga how horrible the 6th grade was, that Helga was right about going to the 6th grade being a stupid idea, and decides to return to the 4th grade. Helga tells that just because it didn't work out doesn't mean that it was stupid - it was smart, and that Phoebe was smart after realizing that she is more than just her sidekick - she was her best friend, which cheers Phoebe up. After school, Phoebe tells Helga what the 6th grade girls did to her, and Helga decides they need some thumbtacks, rubber bands, and watermelons. Phoebe suggests a pack of trick gum while writing these things down.</span>
- This is the third time that Helga has said "crap" in the series.
- Phoebe won the 4th Grade Penmanship Award sometime prior to this episode.
- According to Sheena, Helga has a gastrointestinal disorder.
- Ruth McDougal is not in Mr. Frank's class when Phoebe arrives, strengthening the theory that she may have moved away after Season 1.
- In the episode, the sixth grade girls watch a movie, in which a character says "I know what you did last summer". This is a reference to the R-rated movie, I Know What You Did Last Summer. However, because the girls are in sixth grade, they shouldn't be watching an R-rated Movie
- The problem Mr. Frank puts on the board is answered incorrectly.
- Phoebe's record has her last name spelled "Hyerdahl" (instead of "Heyerdahl").
- Maria doesn't have the accent she had in the episode "6th Grade Girls".
- When Helga and Phoebe leave the girls' bathroom together near the end, Helga pushes the door outward, but the hinges are on the inside, so it should only open inward.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|