|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 0, Episode 0|
|Air date: July 10, 1996|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
The pilot episode of Hey Arnold!, called "24 Hours to Live," was made in Fall 1993, produced on the Nickelodeon channel in Spring 1994, and originally released on July 10, 1996, where it was shown in theaters before the movie, Harriet the Spy. It was released on VHS in 1997.
- The pilot episode is based on earlier comic strip "Arnold Narrowly Avoids a Thrashing" and was later remade into the more choreographed episode 24 Hours To Live.
- While the cartoon's debut was very well received, Harriet the Spy got panned in the reviews.
- Arnold and Gerald walk by a liquor store, despite the pilot being rated TV-G.
- The animation in the pilot resembles The Simpsons, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and AAAHH!!! Real Monsters.
- The pilot had more slapstick than the TV series.
- Helga's shouting to Arnold such as "Hey, Arnold!", "Arnold?!" and "HEY, ARNOLD!, MOVE IT, FOOTBALL HEAD!, YOU'RE UP!" were later re-used for the TV series' theme song.
- Phoebe, Eugene and Park are not seen in the pilot.
- Rhonda and Curly have cameos.
- This pilot lasts 10 minutes.
- Arnold - James Dick "J.D./J. D." Daniels
- Helga, Sheena (uncredited) - Francesca Marie Smith
- Gerald - Jamil Walker Smith
- Harold, Stinky (uncredited) - Justin Shenkarow
- Brainy and the man in the radio - Craig Barlett (uncredited)
- Philip "Grandpa Phil" - Dan Castellaneta
- Gertrude (Grandma Gertie), Iggy (uncredited), Joseph (Joey) (uncredited) - Tress MacNeille
- Other Unnamed Boys - Kenny Ford, Jr. (Cameo)
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|