|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 0, Episode 0|
|Written by: Craig Bartlett, Joe Ansolabehere, & Steve Viksten|
|Air date: July 10, 1996|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
The pilot episode of Hey Arnold!, simply called Arnold, was made in Fall 1993, produced in Spring 1994, and originally released on July 10, 1996, where it was shown in theaters before the movie, Harriet the Spy. It was released on VHS in 1997.
- The pilot episode is based on earlier comic strip "Arnold Narrowly Avoids a Thrashing" and was later remade into the Season 1 episode "24 Hours to Live".
- While the pilot itself was very well received, Harriet the Spy got panned in the reviews.
- The animation in the pilot resembles The Simpsons, Rugrats and AAAHH!!! Real Monsters. This is because the pilot was animated by Anivision Inc., the same overseas animation studio that produced several episodes of those series.
- Harold's voice in the pilot is very different to his voice in the TV series. Justin Shenkarow went through voice changes between recording of the pilot and Season 1.
- Helga's shouting to Arnold such as "Hey, Arnold!", "Arnold?!" and "HEY, ARNOLD!, MOVE IT, FOOTBALL HEAD!, YOU'RE UP!" were later re-used for the TV series' theme song.
- Phoebe, Eugene and Park are not seen in the pilot, while Rhonda and Curly have cameos.
- Arnold and Gerald walk by a liquor store, despite the pilot being rated TV-G.
- The pilot had more slapstick than the TV series.
- Sometime after being released with Harriet the Spy, this short aired on television once during Nick in the Afternoon.
- Arnold - J.D. Daniels
- Helga, Sheena (uncredited) - Francesca Marie Smith
- Gerald - Jamil Walker Smith
- Harold, Stinky (uncredited) - Justin Shenkarow
- Brainy and the man in the radio - Craig Barlett (uncredited)
- Grandpa Phil - Dan Castellaneta
- Grandma Gertie, Iggy (uncredited), Joseph (Joey) (uncredited) - Tress MacNeille
- Other Unnamed Boys - Kenny Ford, Jr. (Cameo)
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|