|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 4, Episode 83b|
|Air date: April 5, 2000|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Principal Simmons is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
During a visit from the school super intendent, Harold kicks a small sapling in hunger and frustration. Mr Simmons tries to reason with Harold about why he should not do that, but is pushed aside by Principal Wartz who gives the boy a punishment far harsher than what the situation calls for. The Intendant pulls Wartz up for it, and when it becomes clear that the man will not change his attitude towards his job he makes Mr Simmons the new Principal, firing Wartz.
While initially happy to take the job things soon spiral out of control. Without Wartz's disipline to balance Simmons Kindness the student population takes control of the school, causing chaos. Arnold and Mr Simmons go to convince Mr Wartz to take his job back which (after doing a merry jig in his house) he stoically accepts.
The school soon returns back to normal and the harsh administrator learns he needs to be a touch softer in his approach, after seeing Harold flicking olives tries talking to him instead.
- The song Principal Wartz sings, "I Will Prevail", is a parody of the song "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.
- Some of the audience in the Karaoke Klub is made up of Kyo and Reba Heyerdahl (Phoebe's Parents), Coach Wittenberg, Tish, Nick Vermicelli (Big Bob's business partner), Nate Horowitz (Eugene's father) and Red (Mr. Scheck's assistant in Hey Arnold!: The Movie).
- During the riot, we see a monkey that's dressed like Sid.
- One of the reasons why Mr. Simmons should be principal is because he's Teacher of the Year, but that doesn't happen until Season 5 in the episode "A Day in the Life of a Classroom".
- At the part when Harold is holding the megaphone, 2 seconds later he is seen waving the flag yet you can still hear his voice on the megaphone.
- At the end when Wartz told Harold to kindly clean up, Wartz had two pairs of eyebrows for a split second.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|