San Lorenzo is the country where Miles and Stella married and gave birth to their child, Arnold. Abner most likely was born in San Lorenzo too.
Many glimpses at San Lorenzo were given in the episode "The Journal", in which Arnold finds his father's journal and reads about his adventures in the country. In the end of the episode Arnold finds a map of the region of San Lorenzo where his parents went in their last journey.
The shown areas of San Lorenzo are covered by jungles, they have at least one acting volcano, at least one navigable river (roamed by the river pirate La Sombra), and remains of ancient Mayan-like architecture. Considering the combination of this factors San Lorenzo most likely corresponds to Guatemala and/or neighboring areas of Mexico and Honduras. The area is homeland to mysterious people who are known as the Green Eyes. Other ethnic groups include the Spanish-speaking people (one of them is Eduardo) and Amerindians who speak a gibberish language. A large body of water was shown, but it is not clear whether it is a sea or a large lake.
San Lorenzo is also the name of an insular nation described in Kurt Vonnegut's book Cat's Cradle. Craig Bartlett confirmed on his second interview on The Arun Mehta Show that the coincidence of the names is indeed intentional.
Fanfics with events in San Lorenzo
- See also Fanfics about The Jungle Movie
- "Run" by Krossfire
- "Hungry Hearts by Kaydance
- "The Emerald of the Greeneyes Book Four" by Dale Fjord
- "Search for The Green Eyes" by AnimatedBritney
- "Slide" by TheUsedLunacy
- "Jungle Taketh, Jungle Giveth" by Blonde Cecile
- "Hey Arnold! The Movie 2: Return to San Lorenzo" by Unsure-Dreamer-87
- "I'll find you" by Ann-Rose
- "Blue Oceans" by Jae B
- "El corazón de esmeralda" by Cheesefair (in Spanish)
- "Los Ojos Vacíos" by Suky - EOY (in Spanish)
- "¿QuiEn ErES?¡¿DonDe EstAs!" by Jak89 (in Spanish)
- "Volviendo a casa" by Ires (in Spanish)
- "Falsas esperanzas" by Pome-chan (in Spanish)
- "La gran aventura" by hikaruchiba (in Spanish)
- "The Jungle: Journey to San Lorenzo" by oOoIZZYoOo