My Last BowListen
- I once was king — that day is gone;
- I've been dethroned and stoned by the uncaring throng.
- They're ringing down that curtain now —
- I guess it's time for my last bow.
- Life was a gas, but that gas has passed;
- I've gone from top of the pops to the back of the class;
- Auf Wiedersehen, adieu, and ciao —
- Baby it's time for my last bow.
Back in the Swing
- Ain't nothin' worse than feelin' you're no good;
- Baby, down and out is a lousy neighborhood;
- Those knockdown, drag-out days feel like ten rounds in the ring,
- But don't just hang on the ropes — get back in the swing!
- Ah, life's too short to live with your nose out of joint;
- Hey, listen up, you punks — I'm makin' a point;
- When your back is to the wall and your keester's in a sling,
- Quit your mopin' around — get back in the swing!
- Oh, I know, life can be cruel;
- One day she makes you a king, and the next, you're a fool;
- In the blink of an eye, your fortunes can swing,
- So jump right in...
- 'Cause it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
- I ain't the hippest cat in town,
- But I'd rather be a swinger than a clown;
- So call me a fool, but this fool can sing
- And that's all I need — I'm packed for the trip —
- Get out of my way — I'll fatten your lip;
- Hey, look at me now — I'm back in the swing!