|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 3, Episode 59|
|Written by: Steve Viksten|
|Air date: March 8, 1999|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
School Play is a special half-hour episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Mr. Simmons hosts the annual School Play and decides that the kids should do Romeo & Juliet. When Helga overhears that Arnold will be Romeo and there will be a kissing scene, she tries to get the part of Juliet, but can only manage to get 4th understudy.
- It's revealed that Mr. Simmons taught 3rd grade the previous year.
- Helga takes constipation medicine.
- In this episode, Helga confesses to Lila her secret crush on Arnold. She is one of the four people who know about it, the other three being Phoebe, Brainy and Dr. Bliss.
- This episode also had its own ending credits theme composed by Jim Lang.
- As of 2010, there have been 44 different film versions of Romeo & Juliet worldwide. The first being produced in France in 1900.
- It's interesting that Helga had to confess her love for Arnold to Lila to get the part of Juliet, while she went through the trouble of scaring Phoebe for the role, despite Phoebe (presumably) already knowing her secret.
- It's possible that Helga hadn't directly told Phoebe her secret at this point in the series.
- This was the first time Arnold and Helga kissed in the series, it however wouldn't be the last as they kissed again in "Summer Love" (while performing a mouth-to-mouth scene), and later in Hey Arnold! The Movie.
- Nadine's shoes are white when the girls are looking at the call backs.
- When Helga drops the book of lines at Pheobe's house it disappears.
- Helga screams a bit too late after stabbing the knife in the play.
- In the first scene, after Helga forces Arnold to go away; while Arnold leaves, the cashier aunt's body is invisible through the glass on the table.
- On opening night, Leichliter's lips don't move when Mr. Simmons turns around towards him.