Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The second season of Hey Arnold! features 26 quarter-hour episodes and only one half-hour special, making it the shortest season of the series.
This season features Phillip Van Dyke replacing Toran Caudell as Arnold's voice actor. (Although Caudell remained in the show, providing the voice of Wolfgang.) Another major change is that starting with this season, the overseas animation services were handled by Sae Rom Productions.
|#||Segment A||Segment B||U.S. air date||Production code|
|27||The Big Scoop||Harold's Kitty||September 29, 1997|
|28||Arnold Saves Sid||Hookey||October 13, 1997|
|29||Save the Tree||New Teacher||September 22, 1997||139B /|
|30||Ransom||Ms. Perfect||October 8, 1997|
|31||Monkey Business||Big Caesar||October 6, 1997||130B /|
|32||The High Life||Best Friends||October 22, 1997|
|33||Longest Monday||Eugene's Pet||October 1, 1997|
|34||Mudbowl||Gerald Moves Out||October 20, 1997|
|35||Freeze Frame||Phoebe Cheats||October 15, 1997|
|36||Helga's Love Potion||Gerald's Secret||September 24, 1997|
|37||Steely Phil||Quantity Time||October 29, 1997|
|38||Eating Contest||Rhonda's Glasses||November 3, 1997|
|39||Eugene Goes Bad||What's Opera, Arnold?||November 17, 1997||/ 128A|
|40||Arnold's Halloween||October 27, 1997|
- Despite only having 14 half-hours produced for it, this season aired 19 half-hours. The remaining 5 half-hours were Season 1 episodes that weren't aired earlier for some unknown reason.
- The episode "New Teacher" establishes that Miss Slovak has retired from teaching, but through deviations between production order and airing order, "Arnold Saves Sid" and several episodes held over from Season 1 were aired after that episode, creating continuity errors in the airing order.
- The more detailed/refined animation style from the last few episodes of Season 1 became the default style from now on.
- This season was ordered and began production before the series' first episode premiered on television.
- Studios often do this with shows that they feel could be a potential hit, because if they don't order more episodes and keep the production crew employed, everyone will separate and find other jobs before the show makes it to the air. And if the show does end up being successful, the studio just lost their crew of hit-makers!
- This also explains this season's short length. Like Hey Arnold!, Nickelodeon cartoons Harvey Beaks and The Loud House were initially picked up for a 26-episode first season, and later renewed for a 14-episode second season just before their premiere.