|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Sid and Germs|
|Season 5, Episode 86b|
|Air date: April 19, 2000|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Sid and Germs is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
The show opens with Stinky, Gerald, and Arnold watching Sid catch frogs. They are preparing for the upcoming Frog catching competition. Stinky is worried that they will lose the competition because Wolfgang is entering a team. Arnold tells Stinky that there's nothing to worry about because Sid is the best frog catcher. Sid is able to catch frogs in his mouth, a practice which disgusts the others. He tells them that it's not gross and shows them Sidney, who is the first frog he ever caught.
The next day at school, they watch a hygiene video about germs. Sid is freaked out by the video becoming a germaphobe. He starts with a can of disinfectant and gloves, returning home to obsessively clean his room. He goes to school the next day in a germ suit and gives Arnold Sidney, telling Arnold that Sidney is too germy to keep. Helga claps some erasers in Harold's face who then sneezes on Sid's helmet. Sid freaks out and returns home.
Arnold goes to Sid's after school to give him his homework and tells Sid that there are germs everywhere and he just has to accept it. Sid has a nightmare where he is controlled by the germs like a puppet. He wakes up the next morning and hears Sidney croaking outside the door. Sid opens the door and sees Sidney looking up at him. Sid cries, and picks up Sidney exclaiming that he's back.
At the competition, Gerald has given up all hope of winning the competition saying that Sid was their only hope. Sid then shows up beating on his chest. With Sid's help, the fourth graders of P.S. 118 win the competition. Afterwards, Stinky comments about Sid's drastic change. Sid says that it's all a part of life. It's just nature and he wouldn't want to give up something as big apart of his life as Sidney is. After Sid kisses Sidney, he jumps on Helga's head who screams and then jumps in a body of water. Sid says, "What's her problem?"
- Everybody but Sheena moaned when they realized it was a hygiene film.
- When Sid uses his disinfectant, it has a squeeze trigger, but it sprays a constant spray like an aerosol.
- Sid was the only one wearing shoes in the contest.
- In the credits it says NO FROGS OR PIGS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS FILM. This is a reference to the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" message in the credits of every movie that uses animals.
- Craig Bartlett was credited as both Abner the pig and Sidney the frog.
- When Sid is spraying his paint brush and Helga asks what he's doing, Arnold is not in the seat behind Helga.
- How did Sid's hat fit inside his diving helmet?
- Sid is wearing no gloves as he watches Harold pick up his sausage.
- Sid was seen scrubbing his drawer chest with his right hand but then it's his left hand and then right hand again.
- Sid wouldn't have been able to breathe in his "clean suit" because it's a diving suit, which needs air continuously pumped into it.
- When Sheena was telling it's time to begin, Harold's tooth was supposed to be on the other side.
- Craig Bartlett is credited as voicing Brainy, but he didn't have a speaking role in the episode.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|