|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 1, Episode 6b|
|Written by: Craig Bartlett & Rachel Lipman|
|Air date: November 4, 1996|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Snow is an episode of the Hey Arnold! TV series.
It's the first snow of the season, and Arnold is looking forward to playing in the snow, but Grandpa needs help taking care of the boarding house. They work hard at several chores while the neighborhood kids play, whilst Grandpa claims that the problem with society today is that there's no work ethic. Eventually, Arnold starts getting into the work and repeats Grandpa's complaint about society: at this point, Grandpa thinks he might have taken things a little too far, and remembers his childhood. He remembers being a young boy, working on fixing a shed while everybody else had fun in the snow: his own grandfather showed up and started a snowball fight to draw him into the fun. Grandpa seeks Arnold out and tells him that the problem with today's society is the lack of 'play ethic': he throws him a snowball and joins the kids' games alongside his grandson.
- Mr. Hyunh says he is from Vietnam, something he left out of the Christmas Special (although the clues all pointed to it), and that he was born after 1949, which means he was younger than 26 when he sent his daughter to America after what appeared to be the fall of Saigon.
- Helga's snow-Arnold has five carrots on the left and four on the right, just as Arnold is usually drawn with five "spikes" of hair on the left and four on the right.
- First time Eugene says, "I'm okay!"
- Grandpa calls Arnold "Nanook", a reference to the documentary Nanook of the North, often considered to be the very first documentary film.
- When Arnold is on the roof, one of his socks suddenly gets a hard bottom sole due to an animation error.
- The Green Meats sign on the window changes to Green Meat right before Grandpa yells "ice rink!"
- Green Meats is beside the kids when they line up and Ernie skates by them to get to the trash can. When Ernie gets to the trash can, Green Meats is now behind the trash can even though Ernie was just seen skating past the store.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|