|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|Season 2, Episode 37a|
|Air date: November 30, 1997|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
Steely Phil is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
- Phil and Gertie sleep in different beds.
- Phil had studied and practiced Chinese Checkers for 30 years prior to his defeat 40 years ago.
- "Robbie Fisher" and "Boris Slasky" are parodies of Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky, who were world chess champions in 1972-75 and 1969-72.
- During the training scene, Grandpa runs up a flight of stairs and celebrates at the top towards the city. A parody of the scene in the movie, Rocky.
- Chinese Checkers is supposed to be with ten pieces per side, not six.
- In the flashback finals, Robbie Fisher started off with nine marbles.
- Grandpa's robe was on his bed, but when he picked it up it was on Grandma's bed.
- When Grandpa wakes up Arnold during the night it's 3:02am, but the sky almost looks like early daybreak.
- The digits on Arnold's clock get bigger and change shape while he's talking to Grandpa.
- Arnold and Grandpa were talking for a couple of seconds over a minute but the time was still 3:02am.
- Robbie Fisher's mustache briefly disappears when he says, "What are you talking about?"
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|