Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|The Pig War|
|Season 3, Episode 51b|
|Written by: Craig Bartlett|
|Air date: December 7, 1998|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
The Pig War is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
When one of the city's historical battles during the American War of Independence is re-enacted on Elk Island, Grandpa signs Arnold's pet Abner as the pig being fought over, and later finds out that whoever captures the pig gets to eat it. Abner is soon captured by the Brits. Arnold and the rebels try to get into their hideout to rescue Abner using a Trojan horse, but the Brits already caught Abner. The Brits are about to cook Abner, but Rex finds out that Abner is Arnold's pet and helps Arnold rescue him.
- Sid is seen wearing a Davy Crockett outfit, Harold in an outfit similar to Rambo, and Stinky a Confederate uniform.
- Grandpa and Rex Smythe-Higgins also square-off in the episode "Tour de Pond".
- If you ever find yourself in La Conner, go to Snee-Oosh beach and you might be able to see the island where it took place.
- When Arnold first confronts Rex Smythe-Higgins III at the fort, Rex taunts Arnold and gets his fellow British reenactors to throw things at him. This parodies the situation faced by King Arthur (Graham Chapman) in the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Grandpa wanted to eat Abner in the episode "The Journal".
- The events in this episode are based on real life events that took place on San Juan Island in Washington State, also known as The Pig War, in which the only casualty was indeed a pig, the shooting of which started the whole thing.
- Rex Smythe-Higgins I actually uses the British profanity "bloody" when he instructs one kid to "Chop down the bloody tree, you idiot!"
- Rex Smythe-Higgins I is voiced by Tony Jay, who also voiced Judge Claude Frollo in the Disney film "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame".
- When approaching Elk Island, Grandpa and the kids parody the famous Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze painting, Washington Crossing the Delaware.
- The fort on Elk Island appears to be based off of Fort Vancouver (despite Fort Vancouver being nowhere near Skagit Island).
- When using the Trojan Horse tactic, Arnold incorrectly states the Trojan Horse was used by the Trojans. Actually, the Greeks used the Trojan Horse to enter Troy.
- Helga was not seen coming out of the Trojan Horse.
- When Arnold and Rex climbs the ladder to save Abner, on account of Harold, a flower bed smashes a part of it above them. Except the ledge, nothing else held the ladder stable. Under the circumstances, they did not fall.
- Rhonda was dropped on the island but was not seen throughout the whole war except for once in the Trojan Horse.
- One side of Rex Smythe-Higgins I's wig is occasionally the color of his skin instead of white.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|