|Episode of Hey Arnold!|
|The Vacant Lot|
|Season 1, Episode 04b|
|Air date: November 18, 1996|
|IMDb • TV.com|
Don Del Grande's
The Vacant Lot is an episode in the Hey Arnold! TV Series.
Arnold and Gerald are trying to find a place to play baseball since they play on the street and a car always passes by. They find an abandoned lot and decide to clean it up. They fix it, play ball, and name it Gerald Field. They leave for home and then a bunch of adults like Grandpa, Mr. Green, Ernie, and Suzie take over the field. The kids discover too late what happened. They try to play baseball anyway, but all the adults get in the way. They end up being kicked out of the lot. They are reduced to using a small alley for playing. They find out the adults have a hard time using the lot. One tries to use a certain spot, but someone else says it is for another thing. The kids decide they have had enough and dump a dumpster full of garbage on the field. The kids say that this is what it looked like before they cleaned it up. Gerald adds if the adults want it so bad, they can have it the way they found it, as a dump. Then the kids leave. The adults finally feel guilty and decide to do something nice. They turn the lot into a real baseball field. They decide to play ball, while Mr. Hyunh keeps running while screaming play ball. Grandpa ends the episode with "Will you be QUIET?!"
- There are two trucks seen. The first one says "LANDSCAPERS CO." and "555-DIRT"; the second one says "I'LL DIG ANY HOLE FOR A PRICE" and "1-800-EAT-MY-DIRT".
- The kid with the green shirt, blonde hair, and glasses is called "Robert". He's never actually called by name and even stops being credited through the middle of Season 5.
- Helga watches Court TV.
- This is the first episode where Brainy manages not to be hit by Helga.
- Harold makes a non-speaking cameo throughout this episode.
- Suzie was not turning the lot into a real baseball field with everyone else.
- The list of things the adults did with the vacant lot:
- When Helga tags Gerald out, her catchers mitt has turned into a normal fielder's glove.
- After Sid breaks the window, everyone is seen running out of the alley, except for Arnold, Helga, and Sid. In the next shot, Sid's already standing on the pavement when Helga and Arnold walk out.
- In reality, no one would be able to claim the vacant lot as theirs unless they purchased a permit from City Hall.
- Ernie has no unibrow when he said he feels like a real heel.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hey Arnold Wiki by expanding it.|